Excel SPM is a series of comprehensive, effective revision guides based on the new Kurikulum Standard Sekolah Menengah (KSSM). Each Excel SPM title provides in-depth coverage og the learning standards outlined in the Forms 4 and 5 Dokumen Standard Kurikulum dan Pentaksiran (DSKP) and contains special features which have been carefully designed to enhance students’ understanding of each topic. Targeted SPM elements are integrated in the books to prepare students to achieve excellence in the SPM exam.
Some of the key features of EXCEL Mathematics SPM that promote positive learning outcome include:
• Concept gallery – summary and diagrammatic approach for each chapter
• Worked examples – provide step-by-step solutions for examples
• Smart calculator – provides the methods of utilising the scientific calculator to check the accuracy of the answers obtained
• Alternative method – an alternative to worked solutions provided in the example
• Smart strategy – highlight some important concepts and explain the strategies that can be used to solve the questions
• Common errors – show the common mistake made by students and provide correct solutions
• Summative practice – an end-of-chapter practice section consisting of multiple-choice questions and structured questions
• Real world mathematics – demonstrates daily applications of key concepts
• Fully worked solutions online – provide complete step-by-step to all questions, enabling students to achieve excellence in the SPM exam
Author: Mr Wong Pek Wei is the author of Success Mathematics SPM. He has 33 years teaching experience and is a prolific author, having written numerous Additional Mathematics and Mathematics reference and practice books for the Malaysian curriculum.